St. Thomas the Apostle Parish at 1449 Wilcox Park Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506 US - HomeWELCOME TO SAINT THOMAS THE APOSTLE PARISH!
- ASSUMPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY
- Friday, August 15, 2014
- Masses: 7:20 AM and 7:00 PM
- VIRTUS: Protecting God’s Children is for every adult 18 years of age or older (and graduated from high school) should attend the Virtus training Protecting God’s Children. We need ALL adults to benefit from this program to form solidarity in the physical, emotional, and sexual safety o the vulnerable. This program is packed with information including knowing the warning signs, being aware of the behaviors and actions of our young people, and how to communicate concerns. There are ongoing trainings available across the diocese and St. Thomas is hosting one on August 16th from 9am-12pm. Visit virtus.org for more information or contact Monica Morin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 459-4662. This program is REQUIRED for any person who would like to volunteer to work with children at any parish or school in the diocese.
- Theology on Tap: This Wednesday, August 13th at the Derby Station. There is no cost to attend and buffet style appetizers will be provided. Paul Dull of Potters House School will be the speaker. His "conversation starter" is DID JESUS USE A WATCH?
- Summer Food Trucks! Join us for our Christian Service Outreach summer series of helping those in need get food over the summer! We are participating with Feeding America: West Michigan Food Bank to provide lots of food for families and In The Image for shoes as well. Our final Food Truck will be August 21st at Congress Elementary School. Call Lori Fedewa to volunteer! 459-4662 ext. 1220
- OurPrize: A Celebratory Auction is October 4, 2014 at the beautiful Eberhard Center overlooking the Grand River! Please visit the website to purchase your tickets and to volunteer! Many volunteers are needed to make this event a success. Please visit: www.ourprizeauction.com for more info!
- Catholic United Build (with Habitat for Humanity of Kent County): Join parishes and Catholic organizations from around the Grand Rapids Community as we build a new home at 1034 Grandville Ave SW. Construction begins August 13. Saint Thomas is scheduled to work on Saturday, September 27 and Saturday, November 1st. Call Ken Fey (361-0661) or see Christian Service for additional information.
First Positive Conclusions Regarding The Holy See Report For The Convention Against Torture
The Committee for the Convention Against Torture (CAT) has released an advance unedited version of its Concluding Observations on the Initial Report of the Holy See. These Observations recognise that the Holy See has made many serious and substantial reforms on its procedures that further ...